Rules of Borrowing Synchronized Distance Learning Visual Signal Classroom
1. In order to manage the borrowing of our school’s synchronized distance learning visual signal classroom (abbreviated as “distance learning classroom” below) properly, these rules are specially set up.
2. The distance learning classroom is provided specially for distance learning curriculum. Besides on class time, in other times if any unit in our school wishes to borrow the distance learning classroom for conferencing or teaching activities, it has to be applied to C.C.C. seven working days before the actual borrowing date.
3. The distance learning classroom is provided specially for our school’s distance learning curriculum. However if any unit in our school wishes to borrow visual signal and the related communication software/hardware which belong to the distance learning classroom, it can be apply to C.C.C. for being taken as conferencing or teaching activity.
4. Available times for distance learning classroom’s borrowing: Except those class times set by Office of Academic Affairs, the class times of distance learning are announced at the updated web site of Tsing Hua University’s distance learning. The application may be submitted during 8 to 12 AM & 1PM to 5PM, Monday through Friday. The office will be closed on national holidays.
5. The applicant unit has to fill up “Application Form for synchronized distance learning visual signal classroom’s borrowing” and applies to C.C.C. seven working days before the actual borrowing date. The verification result will be sent by email or telephone notice within three working days, after the application has been received.
6. If the borrowing of distance learning classroom is not for our school’s administration affairs, the applicant has to pay siting expenses, working staff expenses, rent of related facilities, etc,. The charging criterion is as the attachment table.
7. After the above mentioned expenses are approved, the borrowing unit has to go to Division of Learning Technology, C.C.C. to pay all the expenses two working days before the approved borrowing date. After all the expenses are paid, the distance learning classroom may be used.
8. The following rules ought to be followed at the borrowing of distance learning classroom:
(1) In case of special situation, C.C.C. may notice the borrowing unit to change the borrowing date four working days prior to the approved borrowing date. If the borrowing unit can not change the borrowing date, C.C.C. may regain the right of use and return the rendered fees to the applicant. The borrowing unit may not have any objection or claiming for compensation.
(2) After the borrowing of distance learning classroom has been approved. The borrowing unit may not transfer its right of use to others on its own. If the unit wishes to cancel or change the date, the unit has to render it to C.C.C. three working days before the approved date.
9. The following rules ought to be followed when using the distance learning classroom:
(1) No violation of government’s law or school’s regulations.
(2) The fact of using the classroom has to cohere with the applied content.
(3) Any activities ought not to damage the building or facilities of distance learning classroom.
(4) No moving, damaging any equipment, desk, or chair in the distance learning classroom. No defiling the cleanness of the classroom.
(5) No food, beverage, or chewing gums inside the classroom.
(6) No pet to be brought into the classroom.
10. When using the facilities all operations are to be handled by C.C.C.’s staffs. The user unit may not enter the main control room on its own.
11. Except being approved by C.C.C. any facilities inside the distance learning classroom ought not to be used. If it is necessary to use additional facilities, it has to be applied at the time of application. The setting up of these additional facilities has to be approved and handled by C.C.C.. The borrowing unit ought not to set them up on its own.
12. The borrowing unit has to clean up the distance learning classroom and restore its original condition after using it.
13. For those who violate regulation No 8 through 12, C.C.C. may stop them from using the classroom immediately and those units may be suspended for six months from applying for using the classroom.
14. C.C.C. is not responsible for keeping users’ belongings.
15. When using the site, equipments, facilities of distance learning classroom according to
these rules if any damage occurs , the borrowing unit has to bear the responsibility of compensation.
16. These rules have been passed by Computer and Communication committee, ratified by the president and put into practice. It will follow the same manner when they are to be revised.